This blog is about me, Mark Stevenson, author and futurologist, my last book ‘An Optimist’s Tour of the Future’ (www.anoptimiststourofthefuture.com) and my next (to be announced soon). News of the movie of my first book, being made with legendary visual futurists Syd Mead (Bladerunner, Tron, Aliens), Ian McCaig (Star Wars, Harry Potter, Terminator) and Roger Dean – and co-written by Nick Sagan might also appear here. I’ve also written for The Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, The Economist, The Daily Telegraph, and The New Statesman.
When I’m not writing I’m either
- lecturing or talking on futurology to both public and private audiences
- being futurologist in residence at Primary Expedition Research
- overseeing learning agency Flow Associates
- Sitting on advisory boards for The Virgin Earth Challenge, Every1Mobile, Trillion Fund and SpaceGAMBIT
- Developing the League of Pragmatic Optimists
- Writing plays (Octopus Soup, written with Jack Milner enters production in 2013)